Page Instance

API endpoint that allows pages to be viewed and edited.


Tags can be found in the tags attribute. You can update just the tags by issuing a PATCH here with just the tags attribute present, e.g.:

{"tags": ["park", "fun"]}

To update a page and not change the tags, simply exclude the tags field from your update.

To delete all tags from the page, issue a request with tags set to [].

Filter fields

You can filter the result set by providing the following query parameters:

  • name -- Filter by name, exact.
  • slug -- Filter by page slug. Supports the standard lookup types
  • region -- Filter by region. Allows for chained filtering on all of the filters available on the region resource, e.g. region__slug.
  • tags -- Filter by tag. E.g. tags=park for all pages tagged 'park', or tags=park,wifi for all pages tagged 'park' and also tagged 'wifi'.


You can order the result set by providing the ordering query parameter with the value of one of:

  • slug

You can reverse ordering by using the - sign, e.g. -slug.

GET /api/v4/pages/1204/
HTTP 200 OK Vary: Accept Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Allow: GET, PUT, DELETE, HEAD, OPTIONS, PATCH
{ "url": "", "name": "Hendrix College", "slug": "hendrix college", "content": "<p>\n\t<strong>Hendrix College</strong>\u00a0is a private, four-year liberal arts college. Hendrix offers thirty-one undergraduate majors, more than thirty minors, and a master's degree in accounting. The current core curriculum, called the\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Hendrix Odyssey Program</a>, is founded on experiential learning.</p>\n<h2>\n\tLocation and Setting</h2>\n<p>\n\tThe campus sits on the edge of Old Town Conway, and <a href=\"Downtown\">Downtown</a>.\u00a0 Recently <a href=\"The%20Village%20at%20Hendrix\">The Village at Hendrix</a> was created East of campus across Harkrider.</p>\n<h2>\n\tStudents &amp; Tradition</h2>\n<p>\n\tHendrix College has a student population of roughly 1500-2000.</p>\n<p>\n\t<a href=\"The%20Profile\">The Profile</a> is a student newspaper with a long history on campus.\u00a0 Issues dating back to the early 1900s can be found in the Hendrix Archive. Current issues can be found on campus during the academic year.</p>\n<p>\n\tRecently, in collaboration with the <a href=\"\">Hendrix College Archives</a>, a group of Hendrix College students began compiling an exhibit about the <a href=\"\">history of campus dining services.</a></p>\n<h2>\n\tDegree programs and academics</h2>\n<p>\n\tSee <a href=\"Degree%20Programs%20at%20Hendrix\">Degree Programs at Hendrix</a></p>\n<h2>\n\t<span class=\"mw-headline\">Athletics</span></h2>\n<p>\n\tHendrix College is a member of the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference.\u00a0</p>\n<h2>\n\t<span class=\"mw-headline\">School History</span></h2>\n<p>\n\tHendrix was established on October 30, 1876, as Central Institute in Altus, Arkansas, at a place marking the highest point between the cities of<a href=\"\">Little Rock</a>\u00a0and Fort Smith. The founder of Central Institute was the Reverend\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Isham L. Burrow</a>. In 1881 the name of the school was changed to Central Collegiate Institute. It became an affiliate of the Southern Methodist Church in Arkansas in 1884. In June 1889 the school's name changed again, to Hendrix College, in honor of Bishop Eugene R. Hendrix.</p>\n<p>\n\tThe school struggled at Altus, largely over differences of opinion in the running of the school. Moving Hendrix elsewhere was first discussed by delegates to the Arkansas Methodist Conference of November 20-25, 1889, in Conway. At this time local Conway minister\u00a0<a href=\"\">Edward A. Tabor</a>began encouraging the delegates to consider his town as the new home for the school. At a trustees meeting in March 1890 three finalists were considered: Arkadelphia, Conway, and Searcy. On the fifty-first ballot Conway was selected. The trustees were swayed by an offer of $10,000 from local resident Captain\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">William W. Martin</a>, and $62,000 pledged by other local citizens.</p>\n<p>\n\tFor the convenience of students the thirty-six acre campus was located about seven blocks north of the railroad station. The land, on the highest ridge in town, came from a deed by\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">J. E. Martin</a>. Fifty-one more acres was added by purchase from\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">J. M. Allinder</a>\u00a0on April 16, 1890. College classes began as scheduled in three brick buildings in September 1890. Students lived in six wood-framed cottages on the east side of campus.\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Tabor Hall</a>\u00a0was named for E. A. Tabor and held a kitchen, dining hall, and classrooms. The two other buildings, North Dormitory and South Dormitory, served as residences. An original President's Home was also hastily constructed. All three were built by architect\u00a0<a href=\"\">George W. Donaghey</a>. Some of the rose-colored brick came from local brick mason\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">J. W. Firestone</a>. Other brick came from\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Henry Stapleton</a>.</p>\n<p>\n\tThere were approximately 162 students in the first enrolled Hendrix freshman class in Conway. Local Sunday church attendance was expected, and each day during the week the faculty members led mandatory chapel services. On so-called \"declamation days\" students recited memorized pieces. Fresh clothes were supplied by local Chinese laundryman [[Lee Moy].</p>\n<p>\n\tIn 1891 the\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Main Hendrix Administration Building</a>\u00a0was finished near the south edge of campus. The three-story building had a clock tower and a basement. The first floor of the building contained the president's office, a study hall, science classrooms and laboratories, and history classrooms. The second floor held the library and more classrooms. The third floor was occupied by the\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Harlan Literary Society</a>, the\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Franklin Literary Society</a>, a chapel, and the local\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">YMCA Hall</a>. A gymnasium was organized in the basement, complete with hot and cold running showers. The gymnasium was furnished with dumbbells, Indian clubs, parallel bars, and horizontal barrs. Here students were drilled in calisthenics and \"systematic\" gymnastics. A stage was added to the chapel in 1907. The tower burned twice in the 1920s.</p>\n<p>\n\tAround 1895 Colonel\u00a0<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Charles F. Martin</a>\u00a0was hired as the schools first athletic director. Martin organized the Cadet Corps and a tennis club.</p>\n<p>\n\tIn 1903 a preparatory program first started in Altus was restarted as the Hendrix Academy.\u00a0The school graduated its first Rhodes Scholar in 1910.</p>\n<h4>\n\t<span class=\"mw-headline\">Presidents</span></h4>\n<p>\n\t<em>President of Central Institute:</em></p>\n<ul>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Isham Lafayette Burrow</a>\u00a0(1876-1887)</li>\n</ul>\n<p>\n\t<em>Presidents of Hendrix College:</em></p>\n<ul>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Alexander Copeland Millar</a>\u00a0(1887-1902)</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Stonewall Anderson</a>\u00a0(1902-1910)</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Alexander Copeland Millar</a>\u00a0(1910-1913)</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">John Hugh Reynolds</a>\u00a0(1913-1945)</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Matt Locke Ellis</a>\u00a0(1945-1958)</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Marshall T. Steel</a>\u00a0(1958-1969)</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Roy B. Shilling Jr.</a>\u00a0(1969-1981)</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Joe Hatcher</a>\u00a0(1981-1992)</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\";action=edit\" class=\"new\">Ann Hayes Die</a>\u00a0(1992-2001)</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\"\">J. Timothy Cloyd</a>\u00a0(2001 - 2013)</li>\n</ul>\n<h2>\n\t<span class=\"mw-headline\">Campus buildings</span></h2>\n<ul>\n\t<li>\n\t\tAdmininstration</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tArt Complex</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tAcxiom Hall</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tOlin C. Bailey Library</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tBrown House and Stella House</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tBuhler Hall</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tCouch Hall</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tEco-House</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tEllis Hall</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tFausett Hall</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tFront Street Apartments</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tGalloway Hall</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tGreene Chapel</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tHardin Hall</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tHendrix Corner Apartments</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tHulen Hall</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tHuntington Apartments</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tInformation Technology</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tLanguage House</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tMabee Center</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tMartin Hall</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tMorgan Center/John Hugh Reynolds</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tMills Center</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tBertie Wilson Murphy Building</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tPhysical Plant</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\"\">President's House</a></li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tPublic Safety</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tThe Quad</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tRaney Building</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tRaney Hall</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tDonald W. Reynolds Center for Life Sciences</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tStaples Auditorium</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tStudent Life and Technology Center</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tTrieschmann Building</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tVeasey Hall</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tVillage Apartments</li>\n\t<li>\n\t\tWellness and Athletics Center</li>\n</ul>\n<h3>\n\tOther notable locations on campus</h3>\n<ul>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\"The%20Brick%20Pit\">The Brick Pit</a></li>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\"Hendrix%20Wellness%20and%20Athletic%20Center\">The Wellness and Athletic Center</a></li>\n</ul>\n<h4>\n\t<span class=\"mw-headline\">Notable former students or graduates</span></h4>\n<h2>\n\t<span class=\"mw-headline\">References</span></h2>\n<ul>\n\t<li>\n\t\tMyrtle E. Charles, \"Early Days at Hendrix College, 1887-1910,\"\u00a0<em>Faulkner Facts and Fiddlings,</em>\u00a02.4 (October 1960): 5-24.</li>\n</ul>\n<h2>\n\t<span class=\"mw-headline\">External links</span></h2>\n<ul>\n\t<li>\n\t\t<a href=\"\" class=\"external text\">Hendrix College homepage</a></li>\n</ul>\n<p>\n\t\u00a0</p>\n", "region": "", "tags": [] }